
("Hmm, I think I will get a haircut.")
So for the last while my hair has been driving me NUTS! I decided it was time (I have a dread of haircuts. I'm always scared its not going to turn out and I'll waste that precious $23.35).
3:00 PM , December 4, was the appointment.
I decided I was going to do something DRASTIC. Something DARING. Something DANGEROUS.
I decided to GET MY BANGS CUT!!!!
!!!
!!
!
You must understand that I haven't had bangs for YEARS. and YEARS. And its not like you can hide bangs if they go all wrong. And it takes a long time for them to grow back (for me anyway). So I was feeling a little nervous.
The procedure was surprisingly quick and painless. I was pleased with the outcome.
I came home confident.
And only my Mom noticed.
Ok, I thought, that's pretty normal. The boys' idea of "drastic" is getting my head shaved, so I shouldn't be too concerned.
I snapped a few "after" pictures, glanced through them...and realized that I really DON'T look that much different! So much for drastic.
Well people at work are bound to notice, I thought. I have my hair pulled back in a ponytail so you'll really be able to see the new 'do, right?
Apparently not.
NO ONE said anything.
Maybe it just looks really bad and they don't want to say anything!
So then I'm beginning to wonder if it was all worth it...but hey, I like it and that's all that matters, right?
So for the last while my hair has been driving me NUTS! I decided it was time (I have a dread of haircuts. I'm always scared its not going to turn out and I'll waste that precious $23.35).
3:00 PM , December 4, was the appointment.
I decided I was going to do something DRASTIC. Something DARING. Something DANGEROUS.
I decided to GET MY BANGS CUT!!!!
!!!
!!
!
You must understand that I haven't had bangs for YEARS. and YEARS. And its not like you can hide bangs if they go all wrong. And it takes a long time for them to grow back (for me anyway). So I was feeling a little nervous.
The procedure was surprisingly quick and painless. I was pleased with the outcome.
I came home confident.
And only my Mom noticed.
Ok, I thought, that's pretty normal. The boys' idea of "drastic" is getting my head shaved, so I shouldn't be too concerned.
I snapped a few "after" pictures, glanced through them...and realized that I really DON'T look that much different! So much for drastic.
Well people at work are bound to notice, I thought. I have my hair pulled back in a ponytail so you'll really be able to see the new 'do, right?
Apparently not.
NO ONE said anything.
Maybe it just looks really bad and they don't want to say anything!
So then I'm beginning to wonder if it was all worth it...but hey, I like it and that's all that matters, right?


5 comments:
Um...Jill, you're gorgeous!
In case you dont already know. Love the cut!
I really like it Jill - you'd be beautiful no matter what you did with your hair!
It looks cute! The only person that ever notices my hair is Cuz Jonah and Uncle Mark. He even notices if I have new pants -weird!
I like the bangs look....don't you find them annoying when your reading or leaning over? YOu can't tuck 'em away!
i like the look jill. I just got my haircut yesterday. Doesn't it feel so good to get a fresh cut. I was thinking the same thing. There are few people that notice things like haircuts. I am 0ne of them. i always expect comments when I cut my hair, but few ever come. While I was looking at your picture I decided that you would look really good with a cute bob. Would you ever consider?
Two people from work noticed today! They both liked it, so that made me feel a little better :P
Ame- They were definitely annoying today at work because I was leaning over a lot and they got in my eyes and face. But I'll get over it!
Kate- I have had bob-like haircuts before...some nice, some just plain nasty. Its definitely nice having short hair, and I will probably get a short cut in the summer, but for now I'm growing it out.
Post a Comment