Thursday, May 3

Another Boring Title

Sorry I haven't updated for so long!
The school group we have right now has been here since Monday, and leaves tomorrow- our first week-long group this spring. It's been very busy.
Things in the kitchen are going pretty well...better than at first, anyway! I am learning both to
1. speak up and voice my opinions, and
2. shut up and let things pass.
Its a fine balance, and I certainly haven't perfected it yet.
I've also discovered a love of soccer! Who would've thought. I started playing with the last two groups and have had soooo much fun with it. I've scored one goal, and had a few close shots. I seem to be better at defense though because I'm not very accurate at kicking, but I'm not afraid to "get in there".
This last week I've been waking up at around 5:30 AM every morning! I would lay in bed forever, paranoid about oversleeping, until I bought a box of Corn Pops and discovered the cheap little Tucan Sam alarm clock with the projecter light, inside. Now I can press the little button every five minutes and the time will light up on the wall.

*click*

5:30 AM

"OK, I'm fine...sleep."

*click*

5:35 AM

"Geez Jill, you're crazy its only been five minutes. Sleep!"

...

"Oh no! What time is it?!?!"

*click*

5:45 AM

"ARGH!"

And so it went for a very long time.
Finally I decided to do something about it.
I got up and went for a run/walk at 6 AM. I know Mom, aren't you proud?
Yesterday I made a record and slept in until 6:50 AM, so I went for my walk this afternoon. I'm hoping to cultivate a good excercise habit.

It has been called into question whether I am actually at Camp Homewood, and not hiding in my parent's basement, avoiding contact with friends and family. The fact that my visit to Karissa's didn't work out, and thus did not post pictures seems a little too convenient. Alas, you will all have to hold on a little longer for visual proof of my residence here. I'm bugging Mike to help me get my laptop connected to the internet, and then I promise I will post a picture if it kills me.

Anyway, this is a decent sized post, so none of you can complain! I'm off now.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Jill, when you perfect that fine balance, you can teach me! :)
And I am SO proud of you for getting into a habit of exercise. As for soccer, I only wish I could be there to cheer you on!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you are going to be very in shape by summer's end!

Deanne said...

You looked great when I saw you Jill. You fit in there perfectly! Good for you getting up and run/walking - a great habit to get in to! I couldn't believe how beautiful it was there - I really didn't want to leave!

Principecia said...

So glad you are "IN" the experience at your new digs! I totally relate to the speaking up and keeping quiet! It is a fine balance in the cafeteria where I work. As for your soccer: I would love to get a soccer ball and start a game in the cafeteria, it would cause some commotion and wake everyone up. They need some excitement around there. Enjoy the birds singing - they sound so much sweeter at 6am! Proud of you!

Anonymous said...

Get off Facebook and start blogging!