Tuesday, September 4

I Did It!

I made myself go out for some excercise tonight!
I've been feeling so blah lately...headache-y, sluggish, fat, ugly...you know what I mean....or maybe you don't!
Then, as I was chatting with my mother today over a exceptionally sweet cup of Maple Latte, I began to remember a time...
A time when I would pull on my sweats and runners after a long day of work, plug my ears with my iPod earbuds, and make for Homewood's nearest exit. 15-20 minutes of walking/running would do the trick. The scenery was beautiful, there were no children, no ovens, no demands...just me & my tunes.
I would drag myself home, take a cold shower, and I would be completely exhausted and completely rejuvenated. Any dark clouds that hung over my head when I left would be gone.
That was in the Spring when there was time and (some) energy for such things.
I guess when the Summer rolled around I got out of the habit, and that's when the trouble started.
Anyway, tonight as I logged into Facebook for the 100th time I thought to myself, "I should go".
So I did.
It was about 45-50 minutes and completely satisfying. I was especially pleased that I COULD run at all.
Strangely enough, when I got back I had more energy than when I left.
So now I know I need to do this more often.
Argh.

2 comments:

Cardinal's Cove said...

"over a exceptionally sweet cup of Maple Latte"

Drool!.. Where do I find one of those? Do you make them at home? If so, I am coming over. ;)

Kriss said...

Nice job on the run run Jill. I've been trying to do the same thing, get out and run, but sometimes you're just so unmotivated eh? Good talking with ya today, I'll be sure to tell those government officals that you are the real Jill Coulter ;)