I discovered something new about myself these past few days.
I don't like being alone!
Maybe that doesn't seem weird to you, but I always thought I was someone who liked, or at least could handle, being alone.
And I can enjoy being alone...as long as I'm not completely and irreversibly alone! I like knowing that if I so choose, I can stop being alone and go talk/see/hang out with someone.
Camp was nice because I could creep off to my house and be "alone", but there was always some activity going on if I wanted to stop my solitary ways. But with my mom and little brother gone camping these last few days, and myself being somewhat car-less, I was kind of stuck at home with the cat. And I thought I would go crazy!
I had to turn up my music really loud so that it wasn't so eerily quiet, and I read a whole book (which turned out to be fairly depressing...just the pick-me-up I needed), and a I played a whole lot of piano. Yesterday I 'stole' Paul's car and went shopping...by myself...which was not fun at all.
I was not meant to be alone!
Which brings me to my fears of traveling alone...
5 years ago

2 comments:
I will travel with you Jill...all's you have to do is pay my fair ;)
Hmm, I definitely get what you're saying here. I have to get ready for work in the morning when no one else is home ('cept for good ol Mox) and I turn on all the radios really loud. Then when I go downstairs to eat breakfast, I turn on the TV and go on the computer, just a little background noise if you will... haha
It's just nice to have someone else around. You don't have to talk to them per se, but just for someone else to be there.... How selfish does that sound?! lol
Post a Comment