So my "work" here in Fermoy begins officially today! And it is very part-time...which is perhaps why I have been blogging and facebooking everyday :P
Sam and I sat down and talked about what my role looks like, and all that kind of thing, this morning. Pretty much I'm out most nights doing teens club, or children's club, or bible studies...Friday I have off completely, but the rest of my week doesn't look too strenuous either. Of course there will be other events that I will be helping with, but they aren't on a weekly basis or anything. And I'm hoping to hang out with the teens lots, but they are in school during the day when I have nothing to do...I guess that's when I'll do my exploring :)
Today we also talked about getting me my "own place"...as in a room somwhere nearby. We both think its best that way, and I think I'll feel more comfortable and settled if I'm not living right in their house. There is one place that is being talked about right now, and I think we will go to see it sometime soon.
We will also go to get my visa sorted out this week. Pray that that will go smoothly and quickly, as tomorrow I will be down to officially two weeks left on my current visa! I'm really not too worried about it, but it is an issue that is holding me back from doing a lot of things that are necessary to be really settled in.
Karen and Sam have been wonderful, and continue to go above and beyond normal levels of hospitality! Karen was even getting excited today about going to Cork and buying me bed linen and things for my room when I move out! She told me I can do all my laundry at their house, and come over for dinner any time...Haha...she is great.
Tomorrow I go to Cahir with Sam and I will be going to see the famed castle that is the main tourist attraction in that town. Pretty excited about that!
After that I go to dinner at one of the teen's houses, and then there is a Bible study later on. So tomorrow is busy, but most days won't be like that.
The weather is gray, but not very cold. I actually get colder sitting around inside than when I am outside. (now I know why they wear shoes in the house...the laminate floors are FREEZING)
I'm looking around at buying a watch because I am always clueless as to what time it is, and its kind of necessary to be on time around here....and I am also going to get a-
well the second item I will save for a special post all it's own.
Cheerio :)
5 years ago

3 comments:
Wow Jill,
Your experiences are great, tuck those all away in your memory...great stories for your children one day! We will be praying for your visa situation tonight.
I'm sure you will enjoy having your own little place. Let us know when you have skype, because we can talk to you then too and that will be so cool.
Korey was catching up on your blogs with me just now, he says he's jelous.
blessings girl, Karen
You're evil Jill for leaving us hanging in suspense!!...haha ok, those are strong words...BUT...hurry up and finish your thought. :D
Mrs Epp- My skype name is jillcoulter79 so I think you can add me with that. I'll try to get on sometime this weekend or early next week. That would be cool if we could talk!
Rebekah- heh heh heh! I delight in suspense. Buuutttt...the answer is revealed.
Post a Comment