Monday, March 31

Back To The Grindstone...

The Easter Break is officially over, so my day trip adventures may become less frequent* as a result. My week is back to the usual routine, which was terribly hard to accept this morning at 7AM, which felt like 6AM due to the clocks going ahead yesterday. I spent the day at the cafe in Cork, and business was slooooooow. I was going to go to a table quiz tonight, but I'm pretty beat...my feet and legs get sore from standing all day, and I stayed an hour longer today which didn't help. Plus my house is a complete disaster and that always makes me feel fried.
I have some studying to do, crafts to cut out, sunday school lesson to prepare, grocery shopping to do (the cupboard is in a dire state), planning meetings and Bible studies to attend, not to mention almost daily show-up-and-help-out appointments to do with the youth work.
I sound kind of cranky. I'm not, I swear. I am actually looking forward to getting back into everything.
But I'll let you in on a little secret...I'm easily overwhelmed!
Ok...so that's not really a secret.
So would someone please remind me why I'm (hopefully!) going into the infamously high-pressure occupation of the culinary arts?!?!
Don't worry if you can' t figure it out. I can't either.

*"Less Frequent" is more grammatically correct than "More Infrequent" isn't it? With academic requirements looming over my head this week, I'm getting a little paranoid. It seems like so long since I've done "schoolwork"!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you are happy to get back into schedule. Sounds busy! All the best with your online test tomorrow. I'll be praying! :)

Anonymous said...

Yes, sounds very busy but I know you're fully capable! I'm enjoying reading of your adventures Jill - it seriously makes we want to visit Ireland. The pictures are spectacular as well!

Take care my dear niece!
Auntie D (it won't let me post so I had to use anonymous . . .?)