Saturday, March 1

Bringing Blogging Back

That title makes me snicker, and I wish I had a post good enough for it.
But I don't.
I contemplated saving it for later when I could write something witty and noteworthy to complement it, but alas...I'm just gonna say, I tried to not blog for a week just to see if I could, but I gave in yesterday because it was a leap year post and that doesn't happen every year.
So I'm back, and realized that I made a resolution about limiting my internet time in December that has completely dissolved into absolute nothingness.
How sad.
My self-control is so...non-existent.
I start off well, but my ability to maintain my resolutions is lacking. Unless its really short term. Like not eating chocolate for 40 days (oh, that word!!! Where's my Gold biscuit???)
Munch Munch Munch.
Now what was I saying? Oh yeah, self-control.
I don't have it.
Another thing I've learned about myself is that I am not organized, and if I am left to my own devices I do things at the last possible moment, which isn't always a good idea because I tend to get stressed and it might not turn out so well. I do NOT like deadlines, but they do help me.
But there are good things about me too...like...I'm tidy.
Wait, no I'm not.
But I feel the need for things to be tidy, so it does get done, I'm just not a tidy-as-you-go kind of person. I'm a tidy-after-the-house-becomes-a-disaster kind of person.
Its always nice to be able to see big results, right?
So this post is getting nowhere fast, but I'm just doing a good ol' blog binge, ok? I've been deprived this week. Bear with me.
I made muffins again yesterday...blueberry this time. They were good. I think there's like...2 left.

I've also been experimenting with my camera's "manual" option because I really want to get better at photography, but I just can't seem to figure it out.

I finished this book today.
Its a fictional biography of Jane Austen's life, and it was really good! I didn't expect to like it as much as I did, because I live in dread of those novels like "Jane Fairfax: the other side of the story" where the author has the audacity to think they can improve and expand Jane Austen's original works. This novel had only hints of the unbelievable in it, but for the most part it seemed very probable and Jane was very real. So if you're a fan, I would recommend it.
Anyway...you probably can't tell from this post, but this has not been a really great week for me. Last Sunday I started coming down with ANOTHER cold (different kind though)so I stayed home Monday, was nearly all better by Tuesday, and then yesterday it made a vicious reappearance. I've also felt stressed about a few different things, and very out-of-sorts. Hopefully the dark mood that plagues me will blow away soon.
In the meantime...more pictures!

Sheep by the road, taken on my walk last LAST Friday...its Lamb season!! Hurray!!

"Labbacallee" -- Monolithic Monument. Basically an ancient tomb; Standing Stones. Took me about an hour to walk out to it.

Snowdrops besides the stones.

"Max"
I went out to Ballycotton last Sunday with Peter & Margaret (she's a photographer, and I, her humble apprentice) and their dog. It was the most perfect Irish fishing village my imagination could hope for. But we only drove through it to get to the beach, so I couldn't snap any shots. Too bad!

Anyway, I should go. Hope you enjoyed my ramblings.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The pictures are great! Keep practicing and you will no longer be just an apprentice! Glad you liked the book..too bad you don't have room to take it home.. Hope you are feeling better and cheerier soon!

Becks said...

Pictures are always enjoyed!

Don't worry about lacking self-control, or rather, don't worry because you're not the only one. Sometimes I curse the day that Blogger and Facebook appeared in my life. How many times have I told myself I'd buckle down and get a hefty chunk of work done on an essay or project only to get sidetracked by those two cursed sites?...a great display of my inefficient self-control.

Karen said...

You are doing excellent with your photography. Every time you add more pictures they just keep getting better. Good on you Jill.

Anonymous said...

I personally love your pictures. Keep 'em coming!