
Today I got to visit Kinsale and Clonakilty, and see some spectacular views from the car window! The south coast is truly beautiful (almost Mediterranean-esque) and nearly deserted in some parts.

Christine drove her kids and I to a little peninsula off Kinsale, which has some old ruins of James Fort covered in little daisies, and a fantastic view of the town.
It was summer-like weather today for once! Actually I felt like I should've been wearing shorts and flip-flops, it was so warm...a nice feeling.
After a quick (non-alcoholic :P) refreshment at The Dock seaside pub (its a little strange to see young kids with their parents sitting outside a pub, I'll admit) we decided to see a little of Clonakilty while we were out this way. Turned out to be a longer drive than we thought, but I didn't mind because WOW the coastal "scenic route" was amazing!
We got stuck in a real traffic jam in the tiny village of Ballinspittle (!) and passed a few other oddly named places that delight my soul, and finally arrived in tiny Clonakilty, birthplace of the famous Irish hero, Michael Collins. There was live music (electric guitars and drums, not "trad" unfortunately) in the park and we wandered for a bit enjoying the scenery. Eventually we stopped at Betty Brosnan's Cafe which was so cute! Totally traditional, and showcasing amazing photography by Demot Sullivan, not to mention great friendly service. I would definitely go back.Overall, a great day.

3 comments:
It's really beautiful there, Jill!
Oh my goodness it looks so beautiful there. I know that Karissa is going to love it.
I just can't get enough of your scenic pictures. It's so beautiful over there.
Post a Comment