Well whoop-dee-do, you get another update! Aren't you the lucky lurker!
I feel like I have had no sleep since my last post. Note to self: do not go to the first hostel on the list. Do not be enticed by "free" breakfast and internet.
The place we stayed in last night was not terrible in and of itself. However it was attached to a neighbourhood pub and our window was right above the terrace, and there was certainly a lot of revelry going on throughout the wee hours of the morning. Lots of noisy noise, which was not conducive to a good sleep, which my poor body so desperately needed. And the bedding was damp. Maybe everything was because we were so close to the ocean and it was a very cold damp sort of place, but my duvet and sheets and pillow were most definitely damp.
My point is that I was tired when I went to bed, and I was even more tired when it was time to get up in the morning. Then Karissa and I walked most of the day so I am even more weary.
I crave sleep.
Anyway, it was a good day overall, and we took quite a few pictures to make up for yesterday. We also tried a second time to track down the elusive Worm Hole, without success.
And I ate...fish and chips. Because I promised Christine I would eat fish and chips at a seaside town, and it doesn't get more sea-sidey than an island. So now I can say I've done it, even though I despise fish.
At first it wasn't so bad because I was STARVING, but then the deepfried crust came off and I saw SCALES and my stomach kind of flip flopped. ICK!!! After that I couldn't look at it, I just had to take a bite and chew and pretend it was chicken. I didn't finish it all because after the near-death-by-starvation feeling wore off I couldn't stomach it.
Tomorrow is Karissa's 20th Birthday and we are going to Bunratty Castle and Folk Village to celebrate! We are also finishing off the night with a medieval banquet inside the castle and splurging on a B&B instead of a hostel. (It will even have a blow drier....ahhh, luxury!)
I am fully expecting to have a ridiculously good time at the banquet...what with cheesy costumes, authentic medieval food, and live music, how could it be otherwise??? I am definitely going to take a lot of pictures!
Can't wait to put them up for you to see!
Jill
5 years ago

4 comments:
Hi Jill,
Sounds like Karissa's birthday will be one she'll never forget!
sounds like so much fun!! Can't wait to see the pics!
Yes, they keep the scales on their fish and chips.... mmm tasty - not.
The Medieval banquet sounds like it will be fun.
I've just gotten all caught up on your travelling posts. It all sounds so exciting and interesting! I can't wait to hear more.
Post a Comment