
I've pretty much always thought that the "waitressing thing" wasn't my cup of tea.
When I eat out I think, Man, I would hate that job. I could never do that.
But then again that's what I said about Tim Hortons too...I'm beginning to see a pattern**
I believe I touched on my dislike of waitressing briefly in my last post. Well today I went in for my first shift at Billy M's as a server. Uh huh.
I wasn't actually assigned any tables, because it was technically a training shift, but I did a little bit of everything and had a taste of the waitressing life, including an angry customer.
My conclusion: I still don't like waitressing. Big surprise! What a shocker.
It wasn't even the cranky people...Tim Hortons has sufficiently desensitized me to that! I just don't like the table-hopping, the fake smiles, and the customers with attitude. I gravitate to the behind-the-scenes, whether it was clearing dishes and wiping tables, or making milkshakes in the back. I just wanted to hop into the back of the kitchen and start doing the prep work I signed up for!
I sound pretty whiny, I'll admit. I actually had a fairly good night. I screwed up a couple times, but I wasn't stressed, felt fairly comfortable, and the girls there seem pretty cool. So as far as I'm concerned, I'll do this serving thing for a while and then either get in the kitchen or get out altogether. Since this is only a part-time, get-me-through-school deal, I don't mind so much and it isn't so depressing as Tim Hortons was.
Anyway, that is the update on my new job. Tomorrow I start culinary training! If I'm not too dead, I might write a little something about it when I get home. Lucky you!
**Hold on a sec, let's see if this works:
"I would hate to inherit a huge fortune, and a summer home in Tahiti. "
I'll keep you posted on how this turns out...

1 comment:
Just give those cranky's your patented hands-on-hips-with-head-slightly-tilted-forward-and-stern-frown and they won't be able to talk back and will instead flee for their lives.
It works on me anyways.
Post a Comment