Wednesday, January 28

Culinary Quips

I didn't make these stories up. They either happened to me, or I overheard them.

~*~

Studen
t: Where can I get an elastic band?

Teacher: Follow me, I'll show you.

Teacher leads student to the very back freezer.

Teacher: How much?

Student: How much what?

Teacher: Glace de Viande!

They claim after working in industrial kitchens for so many years, their hearing is effected.

~*~

Male Student overheard during class:

"Girls in the culinary course look totally different than other girls. Say, like, if a girl is doing like...sciences...or something...she will have her make-up perfect, be like...totally skinny...whereas in our course, the girls look like they really enjoy food, and like to eat, ya know?"

Flattered, I'm sure!

~*~

Student to teacher:

"Should I cut the cheese to order?"

~*~

Teacher 1 to Female Student: And when you line the lamb bones in the pan like this...there, you have a nice little rack.

Teacher 2: (chuckling) well that's a nice little compliment for you.

Female Student: OH MY.

Welcome to the world of culinary humor!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

ha!ha! I liked the 'cut the cheese' one...actually they were all really funny!

Anonymous said...

LOL! Thanks for the laugh. Just what I needed. :)

Anonymous said...

Those are great. I can't believe that guy said that about culinary arts girls. Sheesh! Funny though.

Anonymous said...

Hi again. FYI I spoke with my hosts, and the Stoneware Bar Pan has yet to be claimed. May I entice you? :-)