We went to Drumheller once when I was younger, and I remember climbing up to Hoo Doos there, and it seemed very exotic.
Little did I know that we had our very own Hoo Doos right here in Kamloops!They are on the North Shore, kind of by that spooky old psychiatric hospital.
Today I went out there to hike with my parents, Mike, and my friend Lin, from school.
Lin is from Taiwan, and though she has lived in Kamloops for about 3 years, she's never really explored the area. It was fun to bring her out for the experience.
She is a good sport, and always up for any kind of adventure!
There were a lot of cacti out and about! Every once in a while one would pounce on our unsuspecting legs...I have no idea how, but one thing was certain: it desired our flesh.
Mike had an unusual way of dealing with the threat. But what else is new.
They struck back with a vengeance.
There were a lot of tricky sections on our "trail". Sometimes it was really scary.Mom wasn't very confident of her skills.
In the end we all survived, and it was a beautiful day. A great way to start the holiday!

1 comment:
Nice. Looks like a lotta fun. I've always wanted to head out that way.
Post a Comment