Saturday, May 16

What an Introvert Does on Saturday Night

There is a staff party up at the barn, and I'm tucked away in the computer room, typing on my blog.
I made the excuse that I worked a long shift today, my feet are aching, and I don't have a purple shirt to complete my rubiks cube costume. But I think I'm just an Introvert and I don't like parties. The loud music, dancing, and partying just isn't my thing.
I'm ok with that...but its those darn Extroverts that think everyone should enjoy the things they enjoy. Just kidding. I love Extroverts. Most of my friends are Extroverts.
But at times like these, I enjoy creeping to the corner to meet with the other Introverts, where we laugh nervously and raise our eyebrows at the antics of those silly, wild E's, and talk about how much we would rather read a book or play cards.
In fact, one of the other girls that works in the kitchen and I snuck away from the party (there is a real technique to this, which you E's never have had to learn) and crept into the lodge to drink tea and have a good long conversation, and I feel like I really got to know her better.
I consider that a Saturday night well spent.

2 comments:

netablogs said...

Well, you do come by your "I" personality honestly. You really didn't have much of a chance :)
.. Glad you had fun, anyway! How's the cooking going?

Katie said...

I love this!! You are such a great writer!