Saturday, June 27

MouseAdventures

After a long day of work yesterday (11 hours...ugh) I arrived home to find a neat little mouse turd right smack in the middle of my bed. Just a pleasant reminder of my little mouse friend, Houdini's, existence.
After his close call with the mousetrap, the nights in the Annex have been pretty quiet. I thought he had finally decided to leave.
It was not to be.
He woke me up sometime between 12/1AM, scrambling around like a maniac. I turned on my light and watched him scurry about the room, revolted, irritated, and a little squeamish. I wanted to throw my hiking shoe at him and squish him. But I didn't want to get too close, and I didn't want to wake everyone up.
Eventually my roommate did wake up, and we plotted the mouse's demise in the darkness. We set our traps in strategic places, but he just kept running back and forth between my half of the room, and hers.
Then he went next door and woke our neighbours up. They have peanut butter.
My roommate knew this, and quickly ran over there to get some. We baited our trap and waited...

Sure enough, even Houdini cannot resist the temptation of peanut butter.
He didn't go down without a fight though. Oh no, not this one. He couldn't die a quick, peaceful death. He had to thrash around for five minutes and make sure we were good and awake before he bit the bullet.

I thought maybe he had escaped again, because later I heard another mouse sound. I think it must be Party Mouse's cousin. Also known as...victim #12. Muahaha!

4 comments:

Mumsy said...

I'm amazed you can even sleep anymore! Hope you get #12 quickly!

MashedTaterz said...

Wow. It seems my animal adoring sis is now dealing with, even relishing the prospect of extinguishing cute'n'fuzzy lil mousy lives.

Lesson - Don't separate Jill from her required beauty sleep, ever.

PJ said...

it has taken you many years to learn the first and very simple rule of my life, dearest brother.

Auntie Sharla said...

I don't know how you can even sleep there ever...mice and I are not compatible. glad you caught that one.