Friday, July 3

Coombs

I randomly had last Thursday off, so I jetted South in search of the fabled, "Coombs: land of weird shopping". I was under the impression that it was somewhere between Campbell River and Courtenay, but apparently that was a lie...
I called up my good friends Karissa and Karen, and drafted them into my search party. Luckily, Karissa knew where Coombs was. So we got there. And tried on hilarious animal tuques.
And perused the limitless ice cream flavors available. Karissa got Moose Tracks, Karen got Lemon Meringue (my runner up), and I got Licorice...which was delicious!! But apparently my smile of delight was kind of freaky.
After that we tracked down the Goats.
You know...the ones on the roof.
It was quite an awesome day.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

K, when I saw the goats on the roof I realized that I'm pretty sure I've been through Coombs before. Unless there are other places on the island with goats on the roof.

I have never heard of Lemon Meringue ice cream before but you better believe that I'll be on the lookout for some everywhere I go from now on!

Kriss said...

It was a most excellent day indeed!

MashedTaterz said...

Hahah, your upper lip on the top pic just cracked me up.

Jill said...

that's my beaver lip.

Anonymous said...

It's weird how your beaver face actually ooks a lot like a beaver face.
And lemon merengue ice cream sounds good to me too. I'll have to try it sometime.