Maybe it has something to do with the time change? Or full moon? Or...???
Usually, I don't have any problem sleeping. I could get 10 hours every night, circumstances allowing. My body likes sleep. Within a half hour of going to bed, I could be in la-la land.
This past week I've probably been averaging 5 hours sleep/night.
For example:Last night I was tossing and turning for hours and hours. This morning I felt dead, but got up around 9:30. I was exhausted all day, but resisted napping, telling myself I would finally get a good night's sleep. I crashed on the couch downstairs around 9 PM watching Blue Planet, had the best sleep this week so far, and woke up an hour later. I've been wide awake ever since.
I can't figure it out. I've cut out caffeine from my diet for a while now, so it can't be that.
I've tried drinking sleepy time tea.
I've tried journaling to quiet my mind.
I've tried listening to peaceful music, turned down low.
I've tried reading...
Cleaning my room...
Fewer blankets...
More blankets...
propped up on pillows...
other end of the bed...
pillows on my head...
Nothing has helped. I feel like I'm in a fog all the time.
But I have a theory; and idea that my nap in front of the movie put in my head.
I need the sound of someone talking, as "white noise".
Anyone want to volunteer to read me to sleep?

4 comments:
Have you tried praying? I fall asleep praying every night. Sad, but true.
If that doesn't work, Gary swears by melatonin pills.
Daily Audio Bible works like a charm. ;)
Kyley- I looked in that Magnesium thing. Looks like I might possibly have a magnesium deficiency (linked to my caffeine problems), so I ate lots of beans yesterday and I actually slept better. It might be coincidence, but maybe not...
We have a fan in our room for white noise.
Post a Comment