Thursday, December 31

The Obligatory New Years Post

I have not even thought about New Years Resolutions this year.
After the success of my 2007 Resolutions, I've felt intimidated by making more. But maybe its time.

I just can't think of anything to resolve...resolute...resolutionize...whatever.

I want to garden this year. Especially after I received the fabulous "Square Foot Gardener" book for Christmas! So excited.

I also want to try to knit/crochet and sew...but I just don't know how to start.

As far as exercising, I've already been motivated by outside forces (thanks Rebekah!) to join a yoga class, which I am totally stoked about. I've really missed it since I left Strathcona, and I can't wait to start again! Unfortunately, I'm so unmotivated to sign myself up for it that it never happened. Until now!

Of course, school is a big thing to be planning for this year. But the more I think about it, the more discouraged I become. It seems like so much money, and after all the trouble I've already had with student loans this year (they are unbelievably disorganized...I can't even think about it without getting enraged), I refuse to take out another. Job hunting has been...unsuccessful, thus far. I just don't see how its going to happen. At least not this year. So I'd rather not resolve about it.

I want to make a resolution about food...but I just can't do it. I just can't. I love food, and I will eat it, and I will eat it when I want it. There is no point in trying to make a resolution I know I will break.

And that is all I can think of. But I'm really not a huge believer in New Years Resolutions. I think if you really want to get something done/change something, it can happen any time of the year, and that is when its most likely to succeed.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Funny, Gary said pretty much the exact same thing last night about making changes at any time of the year, not having to wait for January 1st. I like it.

Hope you have an amazing 2010!

Anonymous said...

Amen about anti-food resolutions. Why would anyone do that to themselves?
I hope it's a good year for you.

Auntie Sharla said...

I feel the same way about the food resolutions!!!

You have to post photos of your knitting/ sewing/ crocheting/ gardening attempts.