Thursday, January 21

How Do You Rate?

I recently discovered Diamond Dame...a blog about all things vintage. It is one of the reasons I haven't gotten to bed at a decent hour for many days.

While I read, I store away all manners of useless knowledge of the past...oh, how I love it. Love, love, love it.

However, considering that I have recently turned 22 (and I am unspeakably jealous of Diamond Dame's vintage picnic birthday party coming up) and my brother tells me I am on the verge of becoming an Old Spinster, when I found this on the blog, I thought it best to take...

The 1930's Husband & Wife Test

And see what I needed to work on before I was ready for matrimony.
I rated at 62...A "Superior" housewife...but I also cheated, because I have never been married so I can't really know these answers until then.

Would you pass as a good housewife/husband in the 1930's?

10 comments:

Becks said...

I'm starting to really like the vintage look...though not as old as the 30s-40s.... (500 days of summerish look) I'm a total fashion idiot so I'm not sure of what "style" you'd call that.

Unfortunately, no matter how cute/neat I think it looks, I just can't wear it myself. I hate how there's a look you can like, but it doesn't necessarily suit you.

PJ said...

I'm with ya! I love the 30's/40's look, but I don't think I could pull it off.

mumsy said...

I'm a 59 (just squeaking by as a superior housewife)... but Dad might think otherwise.. I'll have to ask him.

Fun quiz!

Anonymous said...

Holy Moly! I scored a 105! I'm a Very Superior 1930's wife. And I think that Gary would say I'm also a Very Superior 2010 wife. :)

Cardinal's Cove said...

LOL is all I have to say... ;)

Maureen said...

79 - but I refuse to tell you where I lost out.

PJ said...

I'll bet it was for failing to wash the top of the milk bottle before opening it, wasn't it? That one got me too.

Anonymous said...

17. A (Very) Poor Housewife. But I'm not surprised.

Cardinal's Cove said...

I scored 120.

Cardinal's Cove said...
This comment has been removed by the author.