Sunday, February 21

Seen It

So I guess its pretty much official now, that everyone has seen Avatar. Cuz I finally went to watch it last night, and I'm fairly certain that until that point I was the only person on planet earth that hadn't seen it.

I work every night except Friday and Saturday, so you'd think that would work out ok going to watch movies with your friends, but things didn't pan out that way for me. All my friends and family went to see it on a night when I couldn't, so I've been biding my time to go with someone who hadn't seen it yet either. Well, its been out for 2 months now, I think...and I was beginning to worry that I wouldn't get a chance to see it at all before it went out of theaters.

So when Katie offered to go see it with me, I jumped at the chance. We arrived a half hour early, and the theatre was already filling up....crazy! When the lights came on at the end of the show, it was full.

Apparently the movie is like 3 hours long...which is hard to believe, because it flew by. I usually have a very short attention span when it comes to movies. Anything over 2 hours, and I'm wiggling in my seat and looking at the clock. But this was a pretty captivating movie...I could watch it again today.

I loved the 3D animation! It just takes the movie to a whole new element of realism...you feel like you are actually there in the room with them! I loved it, and definitely hope to see more movies in 3D (Clash of the Titans, anyone?).

There weren't any real surprises in the story, but that is forgivable since it is well-told, and the characters are very interesting and believable.

And if anyone has gone to see this movie and didn't walk out wanting to be a big blue cat-like alien that can ride flying dinosaur creatures, and live in a glowing forest, hissing when threatened, and leaping nimbly through the trees....well, I don't know what to say...

'Cause I sure did.

4 comments:

Becks said...

I thought it was only so-so and too long for me. The graphics were amazing...for the first 90 mins then I kept waiting for the end.

I wasn't a huge fan of the storyline - Pocohontas played out in the future by blue cat people.

Glad to hear your finally got to see it though!

Anonymous said...

So I guess I wasn't the last person in the world to see it...YOU were! I found that the 3 hours just flew by too.

Anne Geddert said...

Nope you weren't the last person to see it - I haven't seen it yet. Unfortunately as much as I am dying to see it, I don't think I will be as I get very motion sick just by viewing anything that remotely moves around. 3D makes it worse. So I guess I will be the only person in the world not to watch it.

PJ said...

Bekah...agreed, the story is nothing new...but I think its a fairly good story, so a retelling didn't bother me.

Sonya, I think we had the right idea...my brothers went to see it when it first came out, arrived an hour early, only to be told it was sold out long ago...so they waited for the late show, and didn't get home til well past midnight. Katie and I zipped in and out. Just the way I like it :)

Mrs Geddert, it is goood!! But if you get motion sick I wouldn't reccomend the 3D! Wait for it to come out on DVD...its worth the wait.