This is my mercy project. A friend of mine from work is in a not-so-great living situation and has been forced to get rid of her newly-adopted little baby...cat. Just a few weeks ago it was a bony little stray, until she took it in and started feeding and caring for it. Unfortunately, she has now had to give it up for at least a month, until she moves into a new house. Being the softie I am, I volunteered to look after it. Girlie is such a cutie too! And has a less-than-healthy appetite. I had to put her kibbles on the ground because she was eating so fast that she was gagging! Poor thing.She looks so much like Beebs did when I first took Beebs home. Scrawny, half-grown...unfortunately, Beebs doesn't have any pity for kitties off the street, so she and Girlie are going to be kept strictly separated: Beebs warm and cozy in the house, and Girlie in the garage/outside. But I've fixed up a nice warm little abode for the waif, so the freezing November wind won't get to her. She's very affectionate, and already attached to my friend from work, so I hope we won't get a musical of woe tonight.

5 comments:
Aww, can't she stay IN the house where it's all cozy and warm??? Ok, I have a bit of my mom in me . . .
How sweet of you to take care of her. She looks very sweet. Let us know how her night went . . .
Hey Jill!
I am finally commenting.
It wasn't my fault that I wasn't before because it wasn't letting me. There, I have a good excuse :P.
Anyway, Looking good. Keep up the good work.
Ooo a kitty!! My mom just took Hep Alien to the vet to get 'her' fixed and then found out that 'she' was a boy soo..haha I was disapointed. I still pretend its a girl. What's the good of having a Boy Cat? hahaha
Oh well, I have to go..but I guess I will see you tomorrow.
Yeah, don't tell Oma...she'll drive out there, catnap the kitty, and rescue you it. Or at the very least, buy you a year's supply of kittyfood and instruct you on the best way to get as much food in the kitten as possible.
I haven't met this newest member of the family yet. Didn't hear a peep last night, although come to think of it, I thought I heard something crash in the middle of the night. I was too tired to check it out, though.
Kitty is doing fine. Curled up in her nest, and has stopped wolfing down the food, so I think its all good. Hope she doesn't freak during the fireworks tonight...
Post a Comment