Wednesday, November 22

"Oh No Here Comes Digger! Hide Me!"


Tonight my Dad randomly asked me if I wanted to go to the Blazers game...being the sports fanatic I am, of course I said yes.
Then I asked:
What are the rules of hockey?
Which color are we cheering for?
Haha, ok I'm not that bad, but I'm definitely not as familiar with the game or team as most self-respecting British Columbians are. The last time I went to a game was probably two years ago- and loved it.
There's something so exciting about being in that stadium cheering and groaning in unison with thousands of other people as a little black object is knocked back and forth across the ice. Don't ask me why...it just is!
It was a pretty brutal game to my sheltered eyes. Those guys were being bashed against the sideboards so hard!!! And they all looked so YOUNG. Like...Tim's age. haha...
Anyway, most importantly we whooped the Regina Prats...er, Pats, sorry. 4-0.
I love how I say "we" when all I did was eat a handful of $3.75 spicy fries and sip the French Vanilla that is keeping me up when usually I would be fast asleep by now (Apparently I haven't ditched my low-caffeine tolerance since working at Timmys).

Ok, so I hid from Digger too.
(I have this lingering childhood fear of Large, Mute, Hugging, Mascots)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Going to sports games is the only way that it's fun to watch. on tv...boring. in real life you find your self so into it and you dont even know why.

netablogs said...

I like going to games, too, although I really don't like crowds.

This Guy said...

Kamloops Blazers??? That is awesome!!! I went to 2 games last year during spring break (even though I'm from Alberta) because my best friend plays for them! Matt Kassian, #21, he beats people up a lot. I've been following them and they are kicking butt this year! Anyway, thought that was pretty cool.

PJ said...

Hey that's cool! My Dad pointed out Matt Kassian (he didn't really need to though...I mean, the guy is HUGE!) because apparently my older brother was friends with him when they were like...4. Haha...

This Guy said...

Awesome. Yeah, he's huge, but he's really a big teddy bear (unless he's punching you in the face, I have a feeling that's not very teddy bear like). You should go to another game and then hunt him down and tell him how you know me, lol, it would be sweet.

Deanne said...

I love going to games too. There is just something about the atmosphere at sporting events. I'd love to go to a Canucks game sometime - never been to one. I do often go to our TWU Titans Hockey games though and I love it! They've won the intercollegiate hockey trophy both years I've been there - very exciting to watch.