But, you inevitably do. I mean, when surrounded by smelly, dirty, messy boys, who wouldn't prefer a nice little girl, right? So don't worry Mom, its only natural to love me best.
But I'm getting off topic.
My Favorite Christmas Present this year was a complete surprise...a very good surprise!

I am a HUGE Jane Austen fan. And I LOVE the BBC production of Pride and Prejudice. Last year my friend got her hands on a recording of it, and I remember the both of us zoning out in my room for the entire 6 hours at once. And after a short break, rewinding it and watching it again. That's right. 12 hours of P&P. And we didn't even fall asleep (something SOME people have a lot of trouble with *coughmomcough*). I KNOW....I'm sick.
While I don't think I could do that again any time soon, I still love the show, and I was THRILLED to receive the 10th Anniversary edition for Christmas! It even came with a bonus features DVD and a book, "The Making of Pride and Prejudice"!
I don't know what to do with myself...
Actually I do! I'm popping in Part 2 tonight!!!
For EXTRA P&P fun check out the Jane Austen Personality quiz!
I got "Mr Darcy" last time I took it, and this year I got "Elizabeth Bennet" so I guess I've changed a little in these last few months! But still as irrisistable as ever...

5 comments:
Hey Jill, sorry I didn't get to watch any of that with you! I've never seen it so I just might check it out sometime. Sounds like you got yourself a great gift that you'll be able to enjoy again and again! I think I felt the same way with Anne of Green Gables. I still love that show!
This is me! ha!ha!
Female: You are Elinor from Sense and Sensibility! Wise beyond your years, you are all too aware of the folly of those around you. You are "sense" personified, and without you, things would certainly fall apart.
I LOVE pride and predjudice! SO MUCH! I am jealous of you, I love that movie and have seen it several times. What did you think of the new one? I liked it.
p.s. Auntie D I LOVE anne of green gables too
Kate, I'll have to bring it up when I come visit the "friends" aka rellies up in AB! I love Anne too...just watched it with my friend last night actually. and the sequel too!
The new P&P wasn't bad. I liked it, but I definitely prefer the BBC extended edition :)
Post a Comment