Monday, December 25

A Very Coulter Christmas

The Photographic Tour of an Adventure Gone Horribly Right

We thought an hour or two of GT-ing up in the boonies would be just the thing for our Christmas afternoon. Me & the boys popped into the Rav, with brother Mike behind the wheel. It would seem though that his winter-driving skills are somewhat lacking *cough*.

To make a long story short, he drove off the side of the road.
Though our combined strength frightening to behold, the wheels refused to cooperate.

Tim spent a few satisfying moments in the drivers seat.
Alas, all our efforts were in vain.
Paul desperately pleads, "Mom! Dad! Pick up the phone! SAAAVE USS!!!"
It seems all hope it lost...
Wait...! There! In the distance!

DAD TO THE RESCUE!!!

Dad pulled us out easy-peasy, lemon-squeezy.
"I will be a more responsible driver from now on."
....And a few short minutes later, we're back in the ditch. Good thing Dad is still behind us!
Mike ponders his shame.
In the end it turned out well, because they boys GT-ed down the snowy road and it was declared "the best ride EVER!"
And we all had fun laughing at Mike's stupidity! (Paul drove after the second dive)

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Uhhh....maybe Mike should be taking a break from driving for a while. His track record isn't looking too good! Good think Paul (Evader of Human Fecal Shrapnel) was there to take over. Wish you guys were here for Christmas!

Deanne said...

Looks like you guys had a great time despite Mike's poor car handling abilities . . . Mike, come back to the real world, you can't swing from tree to tree forever or we will need to civilize you all over again!

Actually, in truth you look great Mike, being out in the elements agrees with you obviously!

netablogs said...

Kids, kids...why am I not surprised!?

Anonymous said...

Haha, that's awesome. Good ol' Mike. GAH, Do you see all the snow out there?!?! Its insane!
:)

Principecia said...

I am not laughing at you, I am laughing WITH you! Thanks for sharing this family moment!

kt said...

That is SO funny!

Auntie Neta -- I surprised you let your brand new vehicle go along with this adventure...

Anonymous said...

They say if you love something you must let it go...if it comes back, it's yours..if it doesn't, it never was..or somthing sappy like that!! so I let my car go..ha! ha! (and it came back).

Anonymous said...

It was a very satisfying feeling knowing the kids still need me (or at least my truck).

I considered leaving them to figure their own way back instead of interrupting my active Christmas day. But since the phone call woke me up anyway I thought I'd go to the rescue.

Guess Mike doesn't get much practice driving in the snow on the wet coast. Truth is the roads were extremely slippery and the shoulders were impossible to read with the bank of snow. He always has a way of making these adventures fun during the trials and lots of fun to talk about after.

Anonymous said...

I guess all that time spend on his little island has weakened his driving skills! Mike will have to come to Kamloops more often to hone up on his vehicular manuveuring skills!