This black hairclip's life ended abruptly Saturday, January the Twenty-seventh. It was only a few weeks old.The tragic event occurred after a long road-trip to Vancouver. Experts suspect that the clip was not packaged properly and was weakened after the bumpy ride. When forced into service the following day, it collapsed under the pressure.
In life it served the noble purpose of being exactly the right size and strength for my hair, and in death it shall be remembered as being the perfect clip.
Hairclip, you will be missed.
And replaced for $1.95 at Wal-mart.

7 comments:
It still looks usable to me! Just the top little piece is broken off! Don't give up on it so easily! If it was so perfect, how can it so easily abandoned? Thrown in the garbage as yesterday's trash? Tossed out, never to be loved again. Think of it's potential! Just a little re-shaping, maybe break off the other side so it matches, or try and glue the piece back on! Just try! Woe to all with whom Jill is no longer content with. Yesterday's news. Shame Jill. Think of the hairclip's feelings. Inconceivable. ;) lol, wow .. that was sad Ryan.
I feel your pain Jill. I've never had the privilege of owing a hairclip such as the one you described but rest assured - my heart is with you! Just call if you need a shoulder to cry on. A word of wisdom - please don't expect your new clip to take the place of your old clip. It wouldn't be fair and could cause problems should the new clip feel unable to live up to the reputation of the old clip. Just a thought for you to consider. . .
i find those clips break so easily... they are good ones though.
You mock my pain, Ryan. Never do it again!
The hairclip is finished. If it were still usuable...
but alas, it has passed on to Hairclip Heaven.
Aunty D, thanks for the advice. I will remember that when I get the new clip.
And people think I'm strange
Have you quit TH's yet?
Ack! I apologize. What we have here is a classic guy misunderstanding girl scenario. I did not mean to mock you or your pain. I thought you were joking by your initial post!! (maybe it had something to do with the replacing it for $1.95 comment). Now that I know you much it did actually hurt, I truly am sorry for you. Though I can not truly empathize as I have never owned a hairclip in my life. Sorry Jill. I would never knowingly mock anyone. I would delete it if I could!
Post a Comment