Julie and I were born EXACTLY a week apart and spent years 0-5 inseperably, until my family moved away from Alberta into Kamloops. But that didn't stop us from growing up into awesome friends.
We've shared many MANY hilarious moments and have a limitless library of inside jokes (for example, the names "Herman", "Brandy", and "Hubert" will probably mean nothing to all of you, except her sisters might have some inkling...), both share a deep and abounding love for the Disney animated "101 Dalmations" (and you know what Ju, I LIKE Pongo, I never wanted to be Purdy anyway...), and we even began to write a joint best-seller, titled "Bearlock Holmes", featuring my favorite teddy. It was prime material, but we never did figure out who the killer was.
Its hard to believe we're 19 already, and not pretending to be buck-toothed rabbits inhabiting the Shuswap camping sites, or laughing hysterically over random little stick-people we carved. But we don't let that stop us from having a good time whenever we see each other, so here's to future visits, and to you, Ju. Thanks for all the memories!
5 years ago


8 comments:
Awwww...Jill that is so cute. You guys always had a weird relationship with dogs.
Happy birthday, dear niece Julie! I have lots of great memories babysitting you in the early days! My, how time flies. Now you're all growed up!! :)
ya, i agree with amy about the weird relationship... I remember bugging you guys when you were playing with petshops or lego or stuffed animals, or whatever. You guys were hilarious.
Wow you're brave...I don't think I could even BEGIN to explain the origins of those names without sinking into the floor!
Oh and I wouldn't worry too much about ol' Hube. I'm sure he'll be "jennel"...
(hmm, that was one of our more obscure jokes...do you remember it?)
Please explain who Huberta Henny and Relish (or whatever their names were). And "Jennel"? What the heck?!
This is scary..very scary. I and let this happen right under my nose!
Happy Belated Birthday Ju and Jill... I think you owe it to your readership to share the origin of the names Herman, Brandy, and Hubert!
I do remember you and Ju watching the dalmations over and over. You both had the movie memorized. Warm memories.
Unc J
PS happy birthday
Post a Comment