The last few days have been a lot of fun, which of course includes a lot of pain.
On Saturday I went up to Sun Peaks with some friends to learn how to Snowboard!
A few years ago there was a sort of "free day" where I tried snowboarding for the first time, officially. I only remember going down one run which seemed to go on FOREVER and by the time I made it down, I was too exhausted to do any more, so I was done for the day. The next morning I could hardly move! Lots of pain.
Needless to say, I was a little nervous about trying it out again, especially since I had to dish out the cash this time. For that kind of money you need to go down more than one run!
It turned out really good, and I actually made it down Three Whole Runs in a half-day...that's right folks, Three Whole Runs. One of them was even a BLUE. I know...I'm very daring. Heh heh...
It came a lot easier this time around, but it was still very, very tiring. The best part of course was the embarassing face-plants that conveniently take place under the chair-lifts or at the bottom of the hill where everyone has a good view of your wipe-out. It would be a shame to let those less graceful moments be wasted at any other time, when there is no one around.
ANYWAY...it was a very fun day, and the pain was well worth it. Yes, hobbling up and down the stairs is worth it. Not being able to lift my arms above my head is worth it. I'll try it again next season.
Sunday was a very exciting day! My friend Liz invited me to go out for lunch after church, but ended up luring me right into a suprise farewell party! No one has ever thrown me a surprise party before. Tear, tear. There was lots of food, and competitive games, and best of all, a Ju Jube war! Of course an innocent pack of ju jubes cannot simply be eaten at our party. They must become weapons of mass destruction. I learned just how dangerous a simple blob of ju jube can be when thrown at terrifying speeds. In fact I found a pretty nice bruise on my arm this morning from one shot. One candy was even embedded in the wall of the youth room. Wow.
You can find pictures of the party here.
To top it all off, I went to my last Sunday Night College & Careers meeting, and it was completely A.D.D. and marvelous! I will miss you guys tons!
Overall it was a very satisfactory last weekend at home!
5 years ago

6 comments:
You couldn't lift your arms above your head either after snowboarding? I was experiencing pain every time I twisted my arms to put on my backpack today. :P
Haha, did you end up taking 2 whole cakes home?!
Jill, I'm sad that you're going and I don't even live near you...you need to stop all this talk about leaving. Too sad.
You will keep blogging, won't you?
Yes you MUST keep the blog running! Were you COMPLETELY surprised or did you have a clue. I always think they have to have a LITTLE clue!
If I know camp at all, Jill will be lucky to check her email once a week, let alone blog. :( Too bad. I too enjoy her blog, and have quickly become a blog-aholic. :) Though, I must confess, I lack the desire to write in mine every day already. It's a lot of work...
Anyways, 4 more days and you are on your way! Lucky kid. I'm trying to keep the envy to a minimum...
Don't forget us little Kamloopians.
All- yes I will blog if i can!
Beka, No cakes! Though I did have a piece of Liz's at her house.
Kate, I embarassed to say I had NO clue! I was completely oblivious to the signs.
Ryan, Try not to be jealous, because I WILL exploit that. And how could I forget the Kamloopians! Its not possible.
See Jill you could learn to appreciate paintball. Instead of Ju Jubes you could fire paint.
You did great with the snowboard. One day you will be as cool as your Dad.
Post a Comment