I feel I've been afflicted with some sort of disease that completely cripples my ability to create interesting titles. It pains me deeply.
Well the group that came in last weekend were called the "Fun Knits Knitters". They must suffer with some strain of the same problem.
And what a strange group! Most were older ladies, settling down on the couches with their needles and yarn within minutes of arrival...though there was one knitter man. Maybe he was hoping to score a date with Deb or Joan. I don't know.
Cooking for them was...interesting. Initially we had three Gluten intolerant guests, but by the end of the week we had seven (supposed) "Glutens", and three "Dairies" and a Diabetic. They were indignant that we weren't preparing proper food for them. Gah.
But there were fun people too. There was one older lady who had just had all her bottom teeth taken out, so she brought her own blender and cutting board so that she could make shakes out of all the food! Sick. But very funny. And she was super cool, and fun to chat with.
We also had one lady who loved our food so much she hated to see anything thrown out...so she would gather what she could and take it back to her room with her! Hilarious.
The weekend did not go smoothly, and there were many stressful moments, but it was not all bad either. And the food was good...when there was enough to go around.
When the camp was over three of us girls decided to head out to Nanaimo for our two days off and shop! I was excited, but didn't end up buying much because, lets be honest, this years summer stuff is pretty lame. Or maybe I'm just too poor to buy anything nice :P
The cooks moved in today, so yesterday was spent cleaning the Ivy House (previous residence of Mike & co.) from top to bottom; painting, scrubbing, vacuuming, and arranging furniture. Bachelors can be so disgusting.
Jeanette and I baked over 1,200 cookies today on top of our regular cooking schedule, and Mike got his tooth knocked out today by one of the girl staff here, when she threw a rock at him. hah. hah.
I'll admit I was not in the best of tempers when I found out, especially since he just paid his "last" visit to the dentist in Victoria two days ago.
So today I write to you weary in my bones and in my mind. Its been a very long, long week.
But on the bright side, it was a very nice sunny day. Yes Paul, I made a pun. Sort of.
5 years ago

4 comments:
Hey Jill, good to hear you're still alive, even if you had to try and survive the knitters! It sounds like an interesting weekend to say the least. I hope all goes well with the new cooks.
Peaces, Kriss
Tell me the knocked out tooth is a joke. Please!!!!!!!!!
I was hoping the same thing about the tooth after all the dentist stuff he just went through!
Sounds like you have an intersting job Jill! Did you have fun shopping in Nanaimo?
old people are funny. haha....gotta love em. :P
1200 cookies...quite a feat!
Post a Comment