Thursday, March 8

Now the REAL work begins!

Up til this afternoon, there were no groups coming through the camp, so we pretty much had all our time off. Yesterday a bunch of us went on a fantastic trip to a little island just a 20 minute canoe ride from camp, and explored a bit. It was soooo beautiful! Jeanette (the head cook herself) took loads of pictures and maybe someday I will be able to share them with you.
So today was my first day of actual WORK. And it was fun :)
I have a feeling that I will have some interesting adventures in the kitchen, though. See, I've never been the Martha Stewart type. I always mess up. For instance, today whilst creating a luscious chocolate cake I threw in 12 Tablespoons of baking powder instead of 12 teaspoons.
Yeah...
But its all good. I just have to be more careful.
Oh! they make the mose DELICIOUS chocolate chip cookies here, and once I find the recipe I'll share it with you guys, because they are soooooo wonderful!
Anyway, don't mock me for being on the computer again. Its getting late, and its cold and dark outside, and everyone else is off doing other stuff, so I consider it a legit time to be on here.
phbbbt.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

how did the cake taste?...blech, I can taste the bitterness in my mouth right now!

Can't wait for the recipe!

I'm glad to see you are still blogging regularly!

Kriss said...

Hey Jill, you're still alive and well? I hope that things are going good for you and you're still loving it all :D.
Hugs!!

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear that the campers will be well fed, even if the taste may at times be questionable!

kt said...

HAHA that story is so funny. It reminds me of when I was younger and my friend and I put way to much milk or something into a cake we were making. we couldn't even lift it out of the oven!

Anonymous said...

hey Jill, worry not about 12 tablespoons vs. teaspoons... Jeanette may have informed you... but Summer 2006, she definitely put in 16 cups of salt into shepherds pie rather than tablespoons... being Dutch you probably would have loved it along with those poo flavoured things you like to call droppies... however, for us non-duchies... it was a rough meal. We still love her anyways.... and everybody loves you too:)