Tuesday, July 17

Exciting New Adventures

So I have been working in the kitchen for just over four months now, and I'm not gonna lie, I'm getting pretty tired.
Luckily for me, Irwin, the director, understands that! This week I'm completely out of the kitchen and doing something completely different!
I'll be heading out to the Woodsman camp two days from now, co-counselling a group of 7-8 girls between the ages of 10-12.
This is so far out of my comfort zone! I feel so ill-equipped for counselling...which is partially why I volunteered for the kitchen in the first place!
I am also going to be counselling with another girl here that...lets be honest now...I don't particularly like. I mean its not like we're enemies, I think we both just know and accept the fact that we will probably never be buddy buddy. I was a wee bit upset last night, but I've come to terms! with it, and I think it will be ok.
Besides these minor setbacks, I'm actually very very excited! I absolutely love the rustic Woodsman camp....its located on a nice freshwater lake; we'll all sleep and eat under tents, no showers, or flushing toilets....ahhh...that , to me, is camping! :)
Plus its in the middle of nowhere, so you feel like you're totally in another world. I love it!
Anyway, I'm just feeling very crazy right now, with my apprehensions and anticipations colliding in a frightening way...
Pray for me this week that I will have a positive impact on my campers lives, and that me and my co-counsellor will get along :P

5 comments:

HCOS support teacher said...

Jill, that is so great! Irwin is wonderful to let you have a change. I think it's a great idea! I love Woodsman, too. I will definitely be praying that you will be surprised by how great all the experiences will be. Take a dive off the dock for me, will ya? And take rain gear..just in case.

PJ said...

There's no "just in case" about it, Ma! The forecast this week is rain, rain, rain!!! Is ok though...we'll have fun anyway :)

HCOS support teacher said...

Can't wait to hear all about it!

Becks said...

It's not camping if there's no rain.

Anonymous said...

Let us know how it goes! I am confident that you'll make a great counsellor!