Saturday, August 18

It Feels Good


It is very satisfying to my frugal Dutch nature to find good deals.
There are "pretty good deals" which for the average item might mean anywhere from $10-20.
And there are "good deals", which are under $10.
And then there the deals that are "Rip-roarin' Steals!" for under $1.
Yesterday while shopping for a few miscellaneous items, I stopped my mom to show her a set of dishes I had noticed previously that I thought were pretty sweet.
My Mom is a Bargain Master Supreme. and naturally her sharp eye caught the 50% Off last ticketed price sign, that my yet-to-be sharpened eye had missed. We looked at the price tag and I was blown away! Each piece was about $1.99. The teapot was the most expensive, at $4.49.
It wasn't long before I was loading up a box and we lugged them to the till.
As the cashier was running them through, she goes, "Oh that's funny. They're even cheaper. We must have missed a markdown."
There is something so contenting about good deals.
I had a lot of fun comparing the original full price with what I paid.
Teapot: $24.99.............I paid $2.25
Creamer: $8.99...............I paid $.75
Sugarbowl $9.99..............I paid $.94
Plates: $11.99 each....I paid $1.12
Bowls: $8.99 each......I paid $.75
Mugs: $7.99 each......I paid $.75

In total, the whole six piece set cost me $22.05, and I walked out smiling!

5 comments:

HCOS support teacher said...

WE walked out smiling. It's pretty strange to get a better deal at a regular store than one would get at Value Village! Yay for the Bay!

Becks said...

Very nice...a steal of a deal.

I love finding thrifty deals like that.

Anonymous said...

Wow! That's like getting the entire set for the cost of the teapot. I am impressed.

Becks said...

You should be proud of me Jill. I got 3 unabridged classics from Chapters for $3.18.

Cardinal's Cove said...

It's green though!? Green is so blech.

If they were blue, I'd be much more happy for you. ;)

lol, jk. :) Good steal!