I leave tomorrow morning.
For those of you who I only see once a year anyway, this probably won't make much of a difference. I fully intend to keep up PJ. With lots of pictures!
But for those I usually see at least once a week (or daily in the case of my family)...goodbye is a little different. I will miss you all SO MUCH! Seriously! I'm not just saying that and thinking in the back of my head, "Heh heh heh! SUCKERS! I'm going to be in Ireland having the time of my life I won't even remember your names when I drag myself away!".
I DO intend to fully enjoy the opportunity I have, so lets be honest, I won't be pining away ( I don't think). BUT I will really, truly, genuinely, sincerely, miss you! I hope you will all try to keep in touch. I want to know what is going on in your lives too!
Anyway, I'm kind of getting away from my point. A lot.
Goodbyes.
I don't like long, drawn-out goodbyes with tears, and multiple hugs. I've done them. Its not my thing. Its not that I won't miss that person, or that I am sad to say goodbye to them. And I tend to avoid situations that draw out a goodbye. I just don't like to hype it up too much.
On the other hand, a non-existent goodbye sucks just as much. The one where you can sort of remember the last time you saw that person, but didn't bring about the closure with a goodbye.
I like a goodbye where it is defined, to the point, and upbeat.
A hug (sometimes), a word of farewell, a wave, and then an exit.
That is my kind of goodbye.
But maybe its not yours.
So if I seemed cold or indifferent when I said goodbye to you (or maybe I didn't get the chance for a defined goodbye...sorry!) it wasn't because I don't like you or something. Its just the way I do it.
And really...July is not that far away. This is going to go by so unbelievably fast. When I get back and say hello to you, you will feel like you just said goodbye to me.
(Like this:)
*hug*
Well, see ya soon.
*wave*
*exit*
5 years ago

2 comments:
Oh! Your gone then... Dang well I never got around to thanking you for that comment on my blog... Seriously it means a lot to me to hear that people care... Well I know I don't know you very well at all and I have only seen you around a few times but I'm going to miss you anyway =) I hope when you get back we will have time to get to know eachother better. Well have a good time while I'm stuck in Canada being jealous of you going to one place I really wanna go to lol.
I'll see ya in a while then
Meghan
It was a wonderful goodbye..!!
Post a Comment