Monday, October 15

A Week From Today...

On this day next week, I will be heading down to Vancouver to fly out of the country!
I'm getting a fluttery feeling in my stomach just thinking about it!!!
When did I get so adventurous? I don't remember ever being anything but a homebody...and suddenly I'm spending six months on some hippy island, and then the next 8 months on an island across the world!
I got an email from the pastor last night to let me know that I will be picked up from the Belfast airport by his extended family, and that I can stay with them until I meet up with the youth group on Friday. That is a HUGE blessing because I was really quite nervous about having to find my way around after a how-many-hours??-flight and then being completely on my own for a couple days. I mean, I'm sure I could have done it...but it was just one more thing to stress about.
And now I don't have to! Hooray!
I am looking into getting my travel/medical insurance today...I still need a decent raincoat that is not outrageously expensive, and I'm waiting for an email from the SWIM (Servants Working In Missions- part of the organization that brings in the volunteers for the churches) lady regarding my visa. Those are the most important things that need to be attended to before I leave.
There are still all the little things too...but everything is coming together, which really has very little to do with my planning skills, and everything to do with God not letting my ineptitude get in the way of His plans :)

3 comments:

Kriss said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kriss said...

Woops, that was me removing my mis-spelled comment :P
You must be so excited about heading off to "achieve" your dream. I'm so thrilled for you and will be praying :)

Becks said...

It's such a big adventure...but I'm sure Homewood will have prepared you in some ways...little stepping stones sort of thing.

It seems like it happened so quickly! We'll have to get together and do something before you leave, if you're not too busy!