A year ago I made some New Years resolutions...let's see how I did...
Monday, January 1
2007
Things I Want To Do This Year:
-Make exercise a habit
Well, well, well...a classic. Can't say I succeeded, with this one, but who really does? To be fair, I do exercise more now than I did last year, but its far from being "habit".
-Break a bad habit
Didn't break the habit I wanted to. That makes two failed resolutions. Not a good start!
-Visit friends in Alberta
I visited Family which I count as friends in September...so I'll count this one.
-Challenge myself to not buy clothes that blatantly sport Brand Names
Aha! I only bought one "blatant" name-brand item, and it was here in Ireland on sale and I needed a hoodie, so I don't even feel bad. But notice the wording here. I DID challenge myself, so this is definitely a successful resolution.
-Expand my library of both books and music
Check.
-Get a new job.
Check. (Tim Hortons is but a distant memory...*BIG grin*)
-Go to Ireland
CHECK!!!
-Get a credit card
Check.
-Move out
Check?
I know there is probably a lot more, but I''m tired and this is all I could think of. I'll check in Jan. 1/08 and see how well I did.
I think I did pretty well!
So well in fact, that I don't think I will make any this year. I'd hate to tarnish this sparkling record.
5 years ago

4 comments:
You did GREAT, Jill! I'm sooo proud of you! Regular exercise is a resolution worth pursuing each year, don't you think? :)
If you don't make any resolutions this year, your new year may not be as successful. They say (the experts, of course) that if you actually physically write out your goals and frequently read them, you are much more likely to meet them.
I'd say you did really well! Ireland was a reeeaaaallly big goal and you fulfilled it...so I think it makes up for some of the ...erm...smaller ones you might not have fuilly completed.
Oh Jill, you did excellent! I don't think I have made that many new years resolutions ever...all totalled even! You're making me rethink the whole new years resolutions thing though...was actually thinking I might not make any. Better get at it I guess.
Post a Comment