Thursday, January 31

An Unpardonably Boring Post

I'm afraid I have nothing terribly exciting to report today...no floods or getting lost in the mountains or anything.
I moved back into the Mawhinney's house on Monday, so I said goodbye to my little room in St. James Place, and hauled my accumulation of goods up to Quarry Hill. Its scary how much stuff I have now. As I packed I went through it all deciding what will come back with me (very little) and what will stay (a lot).
As a result of returning to this house, I am freezing again! I swear its colder inside than out. Thank goodness for the woolly socks and fuzzy slippers I got for Christmas from my family :)
Sam, Karen, and the boys are leaving tomorrow morning. They are going on Sabbatical (they were planning on going to Kenya, but now with all the fighting going on there that has recently been canceled) and will be back to move all their things to Dublin in March.
So I have this big cold house all to myself starting tomorrow afternoon...I don't know what I will do with myself!

3 comments:

HCOS support teacher said...

Turn up the heat. I'm cold just thinking about you being cold!!

Becks said...

I wonder what's worse: continually damp cold as you have there, or periods of windy -20 weather (or lower)as we have here.

Anonymous said...

I love the photo at the top of your blog. It makes me actually want to travel to where you are.