I really liked it, and found that it is nice to eat just plain without butter too.
Molasses Raisin Bran Muffins

(12 servings)
* 2 cups Rasin Bran - lightly crushed (I only had plain bran cereal, so I threw in a handful of mixed dried fruit)
* 1 and 1/4 cups low-fat milk
* 1 cup all-purpose flour (I used whole wheat and it turned out good)
* 1/2 cup molasses
* 1 large egg - lightly beaten
* 2 Tablespoons vegetable or canola oil
* 1 and 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
* 1/4 teaspoon salt
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Prepare 12 muffin cups with muffin papers or a light coating of cooking spray.
In a large bowl, sift together the flour, baking soda and salt.
In a separate medium bowl, mix together the milk, molasses, beaten egg and oil.
Add wet ingredients and crushed cereal to the dry ingredients. Mix until just moistened.
Fill each muffin cup about 3/4 full of batter.
Bake for 20 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean.
Thanks to Mr. Breakfast for this recipe!

4 comments:
I will definitely try these, Jill!
I baked them yesterday...delish!
OH MY GOSH! These look incredible. Nice to see such a cherished item. Thanks for all the comments by the Jill, it's nice to hear from you anytime. When do you get back?
Those look so delicious!
Post a Comment