Friday, February 22

The Chocolate Fast

I am just over 2 weeks into my chocolate fast.
I don't know why they call it a "fast" because it goes really slow.
Anyway, I am still chocolate-free but there have definitely been moments of temptation.
Like last night. After Bible Study (which takes place here in the "manse") I was cleaning up the tea and biscuits and then it struck.
I was alone in the kitchen, everyone had gone...and there were these chocolate biscuits staring me down.
The glorious cocoa aroma wafted to my nostrils. It had been so long since I'd been able to pair the taste to the smell...
Eat us...eeeeat us...
They chanted.
There's only two of them. I thought. Nobody would know...
I'm sure you will all be very proud to know that that is as far as it got. Breaking free of their mind-tricks, I locked those villainous, albeit probably very tasty, biscuits into their cookie jar, and walked away.
In other news, it was my own Mother's brilliant idea to "replace" chocolate with something.
I am pleased to introduce to you to GOLD!

I've never seen Gold in Canada, but who knows it might be available there. Gold has served as my "patch", if you will. Its caramel coated biscuity-ness soothes the chocolate cravings because the textures are so similar.
The real secret to my success :P

4 comments:

Kriss said...

Oh Jill, you chocolate junkie you! I'm glad you found your Gold patch though...helps to get through those difficult times ;)
I'm starting to get more and more excited about coming!! Today I've been checking out sweet places to go. The only problem is that most of the will be so crowded full of other people touring too that we might be a little squished! Oh well, I'm sure something perfect will come along to replace our no tour we wanted to take that is no longer...gosh that was a confusing sentance...ummm ok I'm going to go now...
HUGS!

Anonymous said...

I am impressed. I could never, never, never, never, never ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever (you get the picture right?) give up chocolate! not even for one week.

Becks said...

The gold looks yummy, indeed!

Anonymous said...

I am SO impressed! I could never give up chocolate. And if I did give it up I'd probably be the crankiest person around. ;)