Saturday, March 22

Happy Easter!

I hope you are all enjoying your Easter weekend, eating lots of food, and good stuff like...chocolate! 'Cause I'm sure indulging in some of that cocoa-y goodness now that my Lent fast is over...probably more so than is good for me. Karissa, the mars bar you sent was much appreciated.
Tomorrow is a special Easter service at the church, and then I will be having dinner with my good friends the Kevany's (you might remember them from my Boxing Day Adventure). This will be the second Easter I've spent away from home. I remember last year was really hard, but ended up being really fun, and I think it will be easier this year because it IS the second year, and not the first.
I am planning on busing up to Kilkenny early next week, and maybe meeting up with a fellow SWIM volunteer there. Now that the weather is getting better I want to see as much of Ireland as I can. I'm officially halfway through my time here, and its just flown by so fast! I know this second half will go even faster, so I'm trying to make the most of it.
In other news, has anyone been watching American Idol this year? I've been catching bits and pieces here and there, and got most of the episode from Wednesday tonight. I really wasn't too impressed. Maybe America has been milked dry, or maybe the really talented people slipped through the cracks somewhere along the way. The only ones I enjoyed were the 17 year old kid, and the Irish girl (not just because she's Irish, either!). And I was pretty happy that the crazy old rocker lady got kicked off, because frankly...she scared me. The tiny Asian girl was REALLY annoying. Does she really think whining is cute? Ick.
Anyway that's all the rambling I have for today.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

HI there,
Wishing you a happy Easter! I know that you will be missed by friends and family this weekend. We are having James over on Monday for the traditional dinner. There will be 10 of us.
I loved the story of your travel adventure! Keep on exploring. Your stories will last a lifetime!
Auntie Heather
"He is risen, Indeed!"

Anonymous said...

Happy Easter, Jill! You'll be proud of me.. I bought myself a VERY SMALL Purdy's chocolate bar... and the boys got the big ones!

Kriss said...

Hey! So glad that you enjoyed the Mars bar, mmmmm good :) I'm getting really stoked about coming to see you...only two more months and six days!