Glanworth Mill.

Glanworth is a small village a few miles out of Fermoy, but which might have been fairly important historically judging from all the old ruins there. One being the watermill...
Nowadays the mill has been converted into a gorgeous cafe/furniture boutique. Check out the link...the style was rustic country cottage-ish...I LOVED it!
We had lunch in the cafe...portions were HUGE, and very tasty...then browsed the antique-y bits and pieces, (a bead of drool may or may not have dribbled down my chin...amazing stuff there) and after that we did my favorite part! We went out back and explored the ruins of the castle!

We climbed the stairs and then poked around the doorways and towers, and I climbed all over the walls (good thing it wasn't too windy, I might have died), and took over a hundred pictures!
It was absolutely beeeeautiful there! I wanted to bring you all to look around. It just reminded me of the kind of place we would have killed to play in as kids. So cool.

You may have noticed I'm not at my most eloquent today...I'm using a lot of those dots...and I'm being fairly repetitive. Sorry. What can I say? I'm tired and uninspired. You're just lucky you got a post at all :P

3 comments:
I could see a great paintball game at a place like that.
Dad
actually, I was thinking the same thing about the paintball.
europe was made for paintball, so much cool terrain. and neat ruins.
Post a Comment