Tuesday, April 8

What Have I Done?!


I think I might be crazy...
A few of you might already know I've applied to TRU's culinary arts program...but I just found out I got in!
I'm partly nervous, partly excited, and partly...undecided.
On one hand I'd love to learn more culinary skills, especially in the baking department. I really enjoyed working in that area last summer at Homewood, and two friends there who've been through culinary school encouraged me to go for it.
On the other hand, I'm not convinced I'd like working in the industry...the high-pressure environment might not be Jill-compatible.
I figured that even if I don't decide to become a professional chef, I'd always have that option to fall back on, and its always good to have the skill.
SO...my future is secured for another good chunk of time.
I will be living in Kamloops again, and going to school.

The adventure begins August 2008!

8 comments:

netablogs said...

Congratulations, Jill! Just think, I won't have to cook while you're living at home..you can practice on us! :)

Becks said...

Yayness!

The campus is soon going to be overrun by VVBCer's and Homeschoolers. Mwhaha.

Liz said...

Good Job!!!

Now I just need to come up with a course to take at TRU and we'll ALL be there...

D said...

I think that's great. My brother-in-law took that program. (It was good for us because we got to eat all his homework). He, too, was not a big fan of the lifestyle, but he's making good money working at a hotel restaurant, with people he likes, while he does Bible school.
Being a great cook is never a bad thing to know! You'll use it for the rest of your life.

Anonymous said...

More homeschoolers are TRU, pretty soon we'll run that place. Good job on getting in. How come all you guys are going now that I'm gone?

Anonymous said...

new post!!

Alex H. said...

So im pretty sure im really excited for you Jill..Now all youve gotta do is hang in there for at least two years so that you and I both will be in the course....of course id be in the first year, but you would be in the second year and would be able to give me tips about my first year ;P

lol..no im really excited for you, you will have alot of fun and learn loads. =)

Anonymous said...

That's so exciting! Congrats!