Friday, May 9

Bug bites, Spiders, Plan B, and 31 Day Challenge.

I'm bored, so I'm blogging.
Possibly not a good combo.
I just can't seem to do anything productive right now, which is ok I guess because it is 9:30-ish in the PM so I won't waste a whole day...
Just the end of it.
I was doing a bunch of weeding in the back yard (or the "garden" as they would call it) on Wednesday and since then I've had a whole bunch of nasty little bug bites all over. I think I've got 3 on my left arm, 2 on my right, 3 along my spine, 1 on my left shoulder blade, and a couple on my legs. AND THEY'RE DRIVING ME CRAZY!!! They are SOOO itchy! Unbelievably itchy.
But they're not mosquito bites, or spider bites, so I don't know what they are.
Speaking of spiders, there was one in the shower this morning. Good thing I rinsed my hair before I saw it. I came to the realization spider-alert shocks wake me up better than caffeine, though I prefer coffee to daddy longlegs.
My house is riddled with spiders right now, I'm not sure why. I think it is the time of year when they come out of hiding, or they're hatching or something. All I know is, they are creepy and crawly and I don't like them, and the broom is good at squashing them at a good distance, and it even reaches the ones that think just because I'm short they can live high up in peace. They are WRONG!
Fatally wrong.
Perhaps the vision of thin spidery legs entangled in the bristles of my broom will ward off any would-be squatter spiders.
Heh, heh, heh....
Also on Wednesday I got my hair cut...shorter than last time (January!), and for some reason I decided to dye it today, too.
"Auburn".
By myself.
Ok, so I've successfully dyed my own hair before, but I haven't done red since right before grad, and that didn't turn out so great. I ended up dying a dark brown over top to correct the blinding stop-sign hue.
So why did I return to that very fickle color? I don't know. I had visions of a cute ginger tone that I like on other people. Ahhh, foolish little me.
Its a very weird orange now...I'm waiting to see how I like it tomorrow in the daylight. If its still grossing me out, I have a dark brown Plan B stashed in a cupboard. See? I learn from my mistakes.
Sort of.
Oh yeah- my 31 day challenge...anyone decided to join me? No? Didn't think so. You guys are too clever for that.
But just to let you know, I'm not doing too badly. I've been doing some unconventional exercises like the backpack-your-heavy-groceries-up-the-massive-hill hike, and the run-like-you've-never-run-before-because-if-you-miss-that-bus-
you're-screwed sprint. Both expanded my lung capacity and brought on a healthy glow, let me tell you.
I've been eating nice tasty foods like sultana bran, bananas, nature valley granola bars, yogurts, and smoothies.
And chocolate. Lots of healthy antioxidants in chocolate that I wouldn't want to miss out on.
Its all part of a balanced diet, right?
Well, I'm going to try and clear away some space on my bed to sleep on, because its kind of buried right now, and I have a feeling in about an hour or so I'm gonna crash. So here's to those of you that have made it this far. You have the patience of...I don't know. But you have patience.
Good night!

3 comments:

Becks said...

you'll have to post a picture of your new hair colour - both the auburn and the darker (if you need it.).

netablogs said...

I can just imagine you sprinting up the hill with a backpack...heeee hheeee hooooo hooooo!! haaaa haa!! Love ya!

Anonymous said...

we also have an influx of spiders and it is creeping me out. I see them everywhere and last week, one dropped on my pinky finger while I was combing my hair and I nearly jumped out of my skin!