Friday, May 16

flowery thoughts.


When I was outside the other day I noticed this flower.
I have no idea if its a legit Flower flower, or if its a nice weed, but I don't really care, cause its pretty and I like it.
The thing that caught my attention about this little flower is that it was growing between two slabs of concrete, right beside a proper flower bed. And I thought, if flowers could think, what would it be thinking?
It could be thinking:
Man I have the worst life ever! What are the chances that my seed would land right here between concrete, instead of six inches either way to a nice, nutritious bed with mounds of lovely dark dirt, and earthworms, and other flowers? THIS SUCKS. There's no shade here, my roots are struggling to find enough nutrients to survive, and I feel all alone (except for this life-sucking moss around my leaves). I think I will shrivel up and die.

OR it could be thinking:

Its a real nice day out today...the sun is shining, and we finally have a break from all this rain! Not that the rain has ever been a problem, since I get good drainage over here. Its just nice to have a change now and then. I love the color my leaves turn when its warm, and the way Mr. Moss stores up some moisture for these sunny days! He's a good pal to have around these parts of the garden. Mmmm, that sun feels good! I think I'll work on opening up my second bloom today...

OR QUITE POSSIBLY IT IS THINKING:

i am a flower. mr bee come pollinate me.

______________________________________________________________
Am I a huge nerd for delving into the possible thought processes of a flower? yes.
Is this an extremely boring and desperate blog post? Yes.
Should I get back to work? I guess so...yesss....

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

This sounds like a Daily Bread devotional. :) Now, you just have to tag on the spiritual parallel part!

PJ said...

Oh dear.
I knew it was boring, but I've sunk to new depths. Something must be done!

Anonymous said...

ha!ha!

Kriss said...

Hoorah! Your flower made me happy..."I am a flower. Mr. Bee will polinate me." Very nice touch!