Thursday, May 1

May Day! May Day!

Ok, so here's my impossible and completely meaningless challenge for the month of May. The purpose being to set myself up for failure discipline myself to eat right and get more fresh air. And hopefully lose a little weight.
For the next 31 days, I am going to do some form of exercise for at least 1 hour* every day.
I don't want to. But I do.
Today I went walking in the torrential --and I MEAN TORRENTIAL-- rain, as a sign of my dedication. I came back soaked, but pleased.
Also, only one meal a day with a serving of meat. Today I had bacon and scrambled eggs for my lunch, so that meant no meat for dinner.
No snacks between meals, except for raw fruit.
One "sweet treat"a day, maximum. Ok, so I failed that one today.

I'm telling you all this against my better judgment, but I need to be held accountable.
Who wants to join me in the misery positive life changes?

*hours non-transferable.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Jill, I'm with you! But one hour per day... I'm doing exercise every other day..I guess that's not good enough, eh?
I've heard that eating a bit of protein with every meal is a good thing, because it keeps you from feeling hungry.
Oh, and drink lots of water...
Oh, and if you want some more tips, just ask. :)
Good for you for starting! Everyday you do this is one step closer to your goal!
And I know you're hoping some of your friends (not just your mom) will join you.

Becks said...

What is it about springtime that makes everybody so motivated to get in shape and eat healthy?!

I recently told my mom I was going to go off all all food with ingredient labels that I couldn't pronounce, white flour, and anything with white sugar in it...I'll eat stuff with honey and maple syrup though.

As for exercise, I'm ok in that department...except I'd like to start running more...I'm waiting to purchase my (very expensive) runners though.

Good luck! I'll keep you in mind whenever I'm tempted to grab gummy candy from the bucket that people are passing around.

Kriss said...

Wow Jill! Congratulations on your interesting challenge. I'm not sure that I could do that, but I would definately like to be in better shape before I make my way over to your side of the world. That way when we're hiking around beautiful castle gardens I won't be panting for breath!

Cardinal's Cove said...

so, this isn't really a response to this blog in particular, but just a general hey and how's it going?

I just heard like 2 days ago that you are back in Kamloops in the fall and at TRU learning how to cook. :)

Very cool, and congratulations on getting accepted. Very fun.

Once you learn how to cook, can you teach all of us? I need some new ideas that aren't very time consuming cuz I don't really have all the time in the world to just cook.

Anyways, enjoy the rest of your time there and ... I just remembered I commented yesterday to a different post.

It's all a blur getting back into blogging. :) lol

G&P.

PJ said...

Mom I'm sure you have LOTS of lovely tidbits of health wisdom...I'm really struggling to keep up with the few I have, so I'll see how those go first, eh? :P

Rebekah, I have a feeling its the fact that we can no longer hide in bulky sweaters ;) (at least that was a factor in my decision!)

Karissa, that's right, you'd better gear up, I've got loads of hikes lined up! We are gonna work HARD!

Ryan, does this mean you are NOT joining my 31-day-challenge?! I'm shocked. Its true that I'm going into culinary this fall, I'm getting pretty stoked! For now my cooking advice is HAMBURGER HELPER! My very best friend. (Maybe this is why I should get some formal training?!) Welcome back to blogdom!

Anonymous said...

Jill, I commend you. But I will not be joining your challenge. I lack the willpower. Plain & simple. But I'll be cheering you on! :)

Anonymous said...

snacking between meals is actually a good thing (depending of course what you are snacking on!) because it is healthier and speeds up your metabolism to eat 6-8 small meals a day rather than 3 big ones.

P.S. I will not be joining you but will be laughing at you from afar!