er....
ANYWAY...
The song I was playing on the bells was indeed, "You Are My Sunshine", and therefore you win First Prize.
I've put 30 seconds of very hard thought into this prize...it will be great.
Since you are traveling vicariously through Karissa and I, this prize will bring you a great sense of accomplishment and achievement, and all those good things. Or maybe you will just feel very cold, because that's how we felt...
In case you didn't understand our babble, the video was taken on the top of this mountain:
Croagh Patrick!Its incredibly steep near the top...it took us about 4 hours to get up and down again.
Apparently this is where St. Patrick fasted for 40 days before casting all the snakes out of Ireland. Traditionally Catholic Pilgrims would climb it in bare feet, as penance...or something.Considering that the rock was very shale-y and sharp and pointy, and we're not Catholic, I think its a good idea Karissa and I did not prolong the pain and climbed in good shoes.
The views were FANTASTIC and it was totally worth it, even if we were half-dead by the time we got back to our hostel.So Bonnie, I hope I enabled you to vividly imagine taking this trip. If you are feeling too tired to speak more than one word within a 15 minutes period, your legs are wobbling like a newborn lamb's, and you are so sweaty you look like you just came out of the shower...
I think its safe to say you have recreated our experience with frightening enthusiasm.
Enjoy :)

3 comments:
Loved the video! How cold was it, anyway? I can't believe I couldn't figure out that song, now that you've revealed it.
Enjoy your last week together, and I hope Karissa's cold doesn't last! Stay warm! :)
You are my hero. I would never climb up and down a mountain for 4 hours just for kicks. (Probably because I'm horribly out of shape and COULDN'T climb a mountain for ANY length of time!!)
I'm bummed, I couldn't get the video to work. Will try again later.
gotta go and organize all of Karissa's things to fit into the "E" for her year up there.
Post a Comment