Thursday, June 26

Grand Finale

So yesterday was the last real day of "fun travel" for Karissa and I.
We had great plans of seeing the Wicklow Mountains and exploring the great "Glendalough".
And I woke up at 5AM with the urge to spew my innards.
Yes...I came down with a nasty stomach bug on our last day.
I spent the day in bed and within sprinting distance to the bathroom. Not exactly how I wanted our trip to end...
Considering that its the first flu bug I've caught since I've arrived, I guess I can't complain too much. I was just disappointed about the timing of it.
I felt better today...wobbly and weak, but not sick to my stomach. Not that really mattered, since Karissa had to dash off early this morning to catch a bus, and we didn't get to do anything special to celebrate our trip.
Anyway, it was really fun and we had good times and good chats. Not everything went as planned (see above) but we learned to roll with the punches and enjoy the moment anyway! It was a great time, and I think we both did a lot of stepping out of the ol' comfort zone, and experiencing a lot of "firsts"!
I'm pretty tired now though. I think I need a vacation.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, Jill, sorry to hear you are sick. Are you back at 'home' now? Hope you feel better soon!

Anonymous said...

What a bummer that you got sick on the last day. I guess it's better than getting sick on the first day though. Hope you're well now.

I've really been enjoying the stories of your adventures on your blog and all of your pictures on Facebook. Now I want to go to Ireland!!