Tuesday, June 10

Galway

Arrived in Galway around noon today after being squished and squeezed on an over-full bus on a very bumpy, narrow road! I swear you have to have nerves of steel to be an Irish bus driver (not to mention a passenger!).
Karissa still wasn't feeling well this morning (but she's on the road to recovery and is eating again) so we took it pretty easy today...went to the museum and walked around for a bit.
Its a pretty compact city, and the average age must be about 23...loads and loads of students here. Good shopping too...unfortunately we are poor and we have to carry everything we buy, so we have passed on the retail experience thus far.
the big highlight today was doing laundry for the first time. quite a thrill, let me tell you! I've never been so happy to fold clean underwear.
We are sharing a dorm with 2 girls from Vancouver who were absolutely thrilled to meet some fellow Canadians...fairly enthusiastic. I don't really remember their names because I was so overwhelmed with their welcome.
I feel like I spent half the day at reception because I had to keep going back and forth and back and forth for various reasons, and it was always the same guy there. From around the Niagra falls area apparently. nice guy. who knows I might marry him instead of Liam O'flaherty.
Anyway that's about all that is exciting for today. My facebook is very lonely, and so is my hotmail....I count on blogger for my connection to the outside world. (comment!!)
So far I'm liking the travelly lifestyle. its super fun to be doing different things every day and experiencing new places and meeting new people all the time. I could get used to this.
as long as I have internet access :)
miss you all, and I will put up pictures as soon as we get to fermoy!

Jill

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great update! give Karissa a 'get well' hug from me! Hope she gets her energy back to enjoy the last 2 weeks of her travels! Keep on truckin'!!

Karen said...

sorry Jill it's the other mother again. We are happy to be able to read both your and Karissa'a blogs, it's neat to hear how each of you experience these things.
Were the two of you able to go see that great castle near Letterfrack?

Haelle said...

JILLLLL!!!!!!!
Sorry for never commenting.
I am so bad at that.
Anyway. How are you doing?
I can't contain the excitement I have that you are coming home so soon.
Oh,and I am glad you are going into the culinary thing...since I have been thinking about that but I don't know yet..so I can live through you for the first year and see if I want to or not.
anyway....
Everything else about my life is usually up on my blog.
Oh yeah..the commenting thing goes both ways.

Cardinal's Cove said...

Hey Jill,

Ya, guilty of not commenting because I am also guilty of not reading lately! lol .. If I'm lucky I have a couple hours for blogging every other week at the moment.

Sounds like you're having some fun adventures! Like your family, I can't wait to see some pictures - it sounds really cool.

Poor Karissa feeling sick like that, hope she's better! It's tough to travel with a sick friend, I know.

Take care Jill,

Ryan