Thursday, July 31

Home Again, Home Again, Jiggity Jog

I have quite shamelessly neglected my blog this week. I'm tired of it to be honest. I think I might just quit.
But not really.
Its been a pretty good First Week Home. We had lots of company over, and I went to a road hockey night (and nearly coughed up a lung-- I really need to get in shape!), and a "surprise" birthday BBQ, and a youth & young adults BBQ, painted my room (maybe I'll put up pics later), and went to Gateway church on Sunday...its a little different than the Presbyterian services I've been attending all year!! It was good to sing some of the newer worship songs I like again.
I was supposed to go to my TRU orientation yesterday, but....apparently someone forgot about it, and that person wasn't me...
So now I have to get in touch with the program coordinator and find out if that is going to happen after all. But she's on vacation until August **th? So we'll see how that goes.
Anyway, its been so great to see everyone again! I really missed you all! I'm so excited about this year :)
This week will be busy as well. I'm hoping to catch up with out-of-town friends who will be IN town, and then Mom and I are heading down to the Island to cook at Homewood for just over a week. I can't wait to see my camp friends again, and of course the 2 Homewood-ing brothers! Contrary to popular opinion I am not going to Homewood for a long period of time! Somehow it seems word got around that I was leaving you all again. Not true! I'm pretty much in Kamloops to stay...for a while.
I start Culinary school on the 27th of August, which seems SO close! I'm really excited, but really nervous too, big surprise there! Its a 12-month program, and I'm hoping to snag a part-time job so that I can do it all in one go. Then...we'll see if I survive before I plan any further ahead :)

Anyway, I should go. If you're lucky, I might update this week :D

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

glad you're home!

Anonymous said...

glad you're back in one piece and to hear of your exciting future plans!