I have a confession.
I've been eating out of date yogurts for the past few days.
They expired on June 29th, and I'm still working my way through them. One to go.
Actually there are 2 sitting in the fridge, but one expired on the 15th of June and the package has been damaged. I'm not quite THAT brave. I guess I should throw it out.
I was listening to a radio program on the subject recently. Someone phoned in and confessed to eating a yogurt that was a month out of date! And they were perfectly fine. (except for a small mental disorder...)
How seriously do you take expiry dates?
5 years ago

7 comments:
If it smells fine, I eat it :o
Bonnie
If it's not green, I'll eat it. Smell also matters.
Yogurt seems to last a long time.
Generally, if it's an unopened/undamaged package and it looks/smells fine upon opening it, I'll eat it.
well just the THOUGHT of it being past the date is gross.
But yah......If it smells fine, it will probably go down fine =)
I smell everything before I eat it. But my hubby and kids usually gobble everything up long before the best before date arrives.
As long as there's no green fuzzy stuff on it and things like sour cream and yogurt are already fermented so a little longer shouldn't matter but keep us posted on any further developments.
I must say, I don't live on the edge when it comes to food. I'm a pretty strict expiry date person...perhaps it's because I've had food poisoning a couple times and my mom observes expiry dates religiously.
Post a Comment