Thursday, July 3

Sunny Day!

It looks like we might get some sunshine today! I'm so pleased!
Last night the church got together to clean up the garden (read: back yard) of the manse, because it is fairly large and has become overgrown with weeds!
When we started at 7pm it was not raining, but it had been raining all day (see yesterday's video clip!). We got about 30 minutes in and then it began to rain again! At first we dived for cover until it let up, but then it came again and again and again...there was no point! We were soaked!
However, "many hands make light work" and what would have taken a very long time for a couple people to do was done in 2 hours when everyone pitched in. We were dirty and wet, but the garden has been weeded! They even planted a few new flowers.
Today we're all meeting up again. That's why I'm so excited about sunshine!
I think there's going to be some pruning and trimming done, and some finishing touches. Originally we were going to be working Friday and Saturday as well, but it looks like we're almost finished! Hooray!


(Boring post, I know...but I was desperate to write about something, and I've been doing nothing since I got back)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How about posting a picture of the beautiful work that's been done? And of where you live.. .maybe a video tour of the house before you leave it for good?

Anonymous said...

Boring? Never. I'm imagining you weeding a garden in the pouring rain and feeling thankful that it wasn't me. :)