Thursday, January 1

Back to the Blog

I've never felt so non-Bloggish before.
I actually have no desire to blog right now. I'm only doing it out of a weird sense of guilt and obligation. And a lot of boredom.
Since my first semester ended on December 12 I've been working full time at Erwins Bakery, downtown. The new owner knows my Dad through NL, and I initially got the job because they needed some seasonal help. Now, however, I will be staying on for part-time work during the next semester. That means no more Dominos! Hooray!
I don't even know if you all knew that I started working 3 days a week at Dominos Pizza in November. But I did. It was pretty mindless. But good for after school work, when the last thing I want to do is think.
Anyway, over the break I worked both jobs Mondays and Fridays, and then one or the other on practically every other day. So it was pretty busy, and it was nice to have Christmas & following weekend off completely!
Christmas was a lot of fun. It was great to spend it with the whole family, even if most of it was spent sleeping on the couch!!
I also spent a few days this week house-sitting for the Gedderts, and looking after their little dog Pippa. We're good buddies now, even though I felt like the worst person in the world when I would leave her alone every morning, heading to work. those eyes....
Sunday night was spent with the C&C group which was a lot of fun! Being so busy lately hasn't left a whole whack of time for late nights and socializing, so it was extra special to be able to do that. We playing Apples to Apples, Battleship, and American Idol (on Xbox)!! Good times!
Some other highlights were spending time with friends Liz (who is living in Alberta), and Cort (living in Vancouver) who were in town over the holidays. I didn't get to meet up with other out-of-town friends unfortunately...3 weeks just isn't enough time to do eveything I want to do!
School begins again on Monday. I'm not exactly excited...but I think I'm mentally prepared to head into another semester. Is it bad that I'm already looking forward to the end of April? Or that I'm already freaking out about our Practical Exam?
Anyway, that mostly sums up where I've been, and what I've been doing this past month.
As for New Years...
if you ask me, 2009 doesn't have the same ring as 2008 or 2010. Its such a 'tweeny sounding year. I'm not really looking forward to anything specific this year, which might have something to do with my less-than-enthusiastic attitude. Its full of things that I have to do, but it won't be until this time next year when I will be able to start doing things I want to do. That's when I'll be graduated the culinary program. I hope.

Also, I rang in the new year by plummeting into the ditch on the side of the road this morning, when I lost control of my car on the way up Barnhartvale hill. All I'm saying is-- that this doesn't bode well...

Aren't I so postive and uplifting??? This is why I haven't been blogging, folks.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm one of the people who had no clue that you had been working at Dominos. You really do need to keep us better informed. ;)

Anonymous said...

I'm really glad to hear about your new job. It sounds more up your alle than Dominoes. As for this year, well, it might not be off to a great start but that means that it can only get better, right?!

Anonymous said...

Everyone needs a break from blogging now and then. Your break is up, by the way! :)

Trevor said...

hey this is kandace, and yes i read your blog =P such a creeper i am. haha did a guy from a black yukon happen to come and see if you were ok.. when you went off the road? causeeee i heard about this.. from my family if it was you =P anywayyyy =)

PJ said...

I don't remember who stopped...there were a couple people! One guy with a white truck & snowmobile pulled me out, though :)