I've always been interested in Pilates.
As far as I could tell, it was a lot of stretching, and wouldn't require much standing.
After a long day in the kitchen, always on my feet, a form of exercise that doesn't require any standing really appeals. Or at least appeals more than, say, running.
Anyway, after thinking about it forever, I finally got out to London Drugs one day and bought a Pilates For Beginners DVD. It was even on sale. Must be destiny!
That first session hurt a LOT. I was huffing and puffing and aching...but it was a good hurt. And my feet weren't aching. That's always a plus.
For my birthday, I got a pilates mat and exercise ball. Now I felt even more pro.
I was doing a good 45 minutes a day for a week or two.
Feeling good, energy levels high, losing a few pounds...
I've learned that the important thing about exercise is being consistent.
So...what happened after that week or two?
I'm not sure. But I haven't watched that DVD in...a week or two...
And I've been enjoying lots of tasty morsels during my Desserts block at school. Not to mention "homework"...
So the other day I decided to go for a walk around the neighbourhood, and ended up slipping on the icy roads. Somehow managed to pull muscles in my left shoulder and right ankle. Dumb? yes.
Oh, and I've also been playing badminton at the free walk-in session at TRU with a friend from school. That's been good exercise AND a lot of fun!
Goodness, this post is all over the place. I am tired, guys. I'm not going to lie to you, I usually go to bed really early because of school, and 11PM is like...WOW, can't believe I'm still awake.
I'm not even really sure what I've just written about.
I promise my next blog will be better.
5 years ago

3 comments:
I'm glad to hear that I'm not the only one who can't seem to keep an exercise routine going for more than a couple of weeks. I've often contemplated trying Pilates but still haven't gotten around to it.
I was there when you bought the palates DVD even. Does that count as exercise for me?
Pilates has always intrigued me; I do love stretching, it feels wonderful!
Good luck with that. I'm trying to get back into the "groove" of staying active.
I hate how school somehow saps the energy out of you...even if you're just in class all day.
Post a Comment